Sunday, March 8, 2009

1st Outdoor Ride of the Season

We did our first outdoor ride since Clearwater in November. It was a classic 1st time out. I had 2 flats before I even started, then I couldn't get air into my third tube. Ian had 2 flats on the road during the ride. However, even with these minor frustrations, the ride was a lot of fun. It was a beautiful day as it got up into the low 60s. It was really nice to be riding outside. We hit a lot of hills, since the roads are still in winter mode. We thought it would be better to keep the pace down and try to avoid the monster potholes formed from the winter plows. There is definetely a big difference between riding the trainer and riding outside. I do use my computrainer almost to a fault, but you just can't simulate the total muscle impact of riding outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment